15:00 pmFakten zum #Weltwassertag. Der spezifische Wassereinsatz bei der Stahlerzeugung in Deutschland wurde seit den 1980e… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
11:40 amPM: Die von der US-Administration geplanten #Strafzölle auf #Stahlimporte treten diesen Freitag in Kraft. Die Stahl… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
11:01 amEuropäischer Rat tagt zu Umgang mit US-#Strafzöllen. stahl-online.de/index.php/euro… #Stahl #Section232
11:00 amGespräche über Ausnahmeregelungen – noch kein Ergebnis. stahl-online.de/index.php/gesp… #section232 #Stahl via u.a.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
10:59 amAusstellung zum #Jubiläum der Riesaer #Stahltradition. stahl-online.de/index.php/auss… #Stahl via @szonline
Here you will find the main data and facts on all aspects of steel and the steel industry at a glance – in the following reports:
- The Economic Position of Steel: crude steel production in Germany; development of monthly crude steel production: Germany, the EU 28 , the world, China
- The Steel Market in Germany: steel production locations; the largest steel producers; steel production by process; production and employment; sales revenues of the steel industry
- International Steel Markets: the largest steel groups; world crude steel production by region (%); world crude steel production; market supply with finished products
- Raw materials (Germany): raw material use and products; the steel industry’s import dependency; the proportion of scrap in total crude steel production; foreign trade in scrap steel
- Foreign trade (Germany): foreign trade in steel (D); the market, domestic deliveries and imports of rolled steel (D); exports of rolled steel (D); foreign trade in steel (EU 27)
We recommend the Statistische Jahrbuch der Stahlindustrie, published by the German Steel Federation, as a detailed reference work for data and facts on the steel industry. It appears in October every year and provides the most important figures on the steel industry for the previous year and the reference years.
Please contact email@example.com if, after publication of the Statistical Yearbook, you require an updating of some statistics for the current year.
The Steel Market in Germany
The most important steel production locations in Germany
The largest steel producers in Germany, 2016
As system suppliers, the companies in Germany are strategically well positioned in the various value-creation chains. There are thus global players and European champions – national leaders and powerful SMEs – that have found their niche with special and stainless steels.
Steel production in Germany by process
About two-thirds of the crude steel produced in Germany is made in integrated steelworks (blast furnace, steel mill and rolling mill) as oxygen steel (LD), the remaining third is produced via the electric steel route (EL).
Production and employment in Germany
The German steel industry has made enormous efforts to improve its competitiveness during the last 30 years. Productivity – measured as specific crude steel production in tonnes per employee – has more than tripled during this period and reached the value of 495 tonnes/employee. This is a top value internationally.
Net sales of the steel industry in Germany
Following the collapse in total sales of the steel industry in 2009 as a result of the economic crisis, it was possible to resume its former growth during subsequent years thanks to increased delivery quantities.
Steel Use in Germany