16:56 pmIm #Bundestag geht es gerade um den Stahlstandort Deutschland. bundestag.de Der Antrag kommt von der… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
15:47 pmHerzliche Glückwünsche gehen an die Kollegen von #GMH. 🎊 #stahl #effizienz twitter.com/dena_news/stat…
15:44 pmAuch von unserer Seite - Herzlichen Glückwunsch! 🎉 @SZAG_Karriere #stahl #effizienz twitter.com/dena_news/stat…
10:11 am.@bhp : Kosten gesenkt – Produktivität erhöht. stahl-online.de/index.php/bhp-… #Stahl via @faznet
10:07 am.@S_B_steel bietet für Asco Industries. stahl-online.de/index.php/schm… #Stahl via u.a. @NZZ @plattsmetals
Here you will find the main data and facts on all aspects of steel and the steel industry at a glance – in the following reports:
- The Economic Position of Steel: crude steel production in Germany; development of monthly crude steel production: Germany, the EU 28 , the world, China
- The Steel Market in Germany: steel production locations; the largest steel producers; steel production by process; production and employment; sales revenues of the steel industry
- International Steel Markets: the largest steel groups; world crude steel production by region (%); world crude steel production; market supply with finished products
- Raw materials (Germany): raw material use and products; the steel industry’s import dependency; the proportion of scrap in total crude steel production; foreign trade in scrap steel
- Foreign trade (Germany): foreign trade in steel (D); the market, domestic deliveries and imports of rolled steel (D); exports of rolled steel (D); foreign trade in steel (EU 27)
We recommend the Statistische Jahrbuch der Stahlindustrie, published by the German Steel Federation, as a detailed reference work for data and facts on the steel industry. It appears in October every year and provides the most important figures on the steel industry for the previous year and the reference years.
Please contact email@example.com if, after publication of the Statistical Yearbook, you require an updating of some statistics for the current year.
International Steel Markets
The 15 largest steel groups, 2016
Globalisation has greatly changed the world steel industry during recent years and has led to new corporate dimensions. Whereby the Asian countries provided major stimuli. ArcelorMittal, which also produces steel at four sites in Germany, is the world’s largest steel group.
World crude steel production by region
World crude steel production, 2015 and 2016
World Production 1970/2016
In quantity terms, steel is by far the most important material of all the substitutes listed opposite, and has actually gained in importance during the last 30 years. This is despite the fact that technical progress has led to a fall in the relative steel content of steel-containing goods, representing extraordinary performance in the competition with substitutes. The steel industry has developed from a supplier of an input material to a partner of many steel processors, and a supplier of high-tech products and tailor-made components. In addition, production in highly efficient (and thus economical) plants ensures consistently competitive prices.
Worldwide market supply with finished products
With a market share of 65%, Asia was the world’s largest market for steel finished products in 2016. China alone was responsible for 45% of the world market. Europe (without the CIS) is the world’s second-largest market – with a market share of 13% (EU 28 alone: 10%), followed by America with 12%.