16:00 pmRT @stahlmarkt: #Termine! #Konferenzen & #Messen rund um #Stahl und #Stahlmarkt im Herbst: Schauen Sie doch in unseren Web-Kalender https:/…
10:22 amStranggießanlage für neues Stahlwerk im #Iran von #SMSConcast. stahl-online.de/index.php/sms-… #stahl
09:51 am.@poscoway & @Hyundai_Global setzen auf High-Tech-Fertigung. stahl-online.de/index.php/posc… #stahl via @SteelTimesInt
10:00 am.@EU_Commission beendet #Antidumping-Untersuchung gegen #Serbien. stahl-online.de/index.php/eu-a… #stahl
09:52 amNeue Warmdrückwalzanlage bei @thyssenkrupp ermöglicht Gewichtseinsparungen von bis zu 50%. stahl-online.de/index.php/tk-n… #stahl
Here you will find the main data and facts on all aspects of steel and the steel industry at a glance – in the following reports:
- The Economic Position of Steel: crude steel production in Germany; development of monthly crude steel production: Germany, the EU 28 , the world, China
- The Steel Market in Germany: steel production locations; the largest steel producers; steel production by process; production and employment; sales revenues of the steel industry
- International Steel Markets: the largest steel groups; world crude steel production by region (%); world crude steel production; market supply with finished products
- Raw materials (Germany): raw material use and products; the steel industry’s import dependency; the proportion of scrap in total crude steel production; foreign trade in scrap steel
- Foreign trade (Germany): foreign trade in steel (D); the market, domestic deliveries and imports of rolled steel (D); exports of rolled steel (D); foreign trade in steel (EU 27)
We recommend the Statistische Jahrbuch der Stahlindustrie, published by the German Steel Federation, as a detailed reference work for data and facts on the steel industry. It appears in October every year and provides the most important figures on the steel industry for the previous year and the reference years.
Please contact email@example.com if, after publication of the Statistical Yearbook, you require an updating of some statistics for the current year.
Development of Global Steel Exports Steel Mill Products, 2013 – 2016
The global steel exports were last year with 363 million tonnes at a nearly consistently high level. Of it about 30 percent were exported from China. While the Chinese steel industry has nearly doubled her steel exports since 2013 on 108 million tonnes, the exports of the remaining world decreased by about 8 million tonnes.
World Steel* trade: Import-Export-Balance 2015/2016
NAFTA, Near East and Africa are the classical import regions of global steel trade. Traditionally the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) is an export region. In the past 10 years Asia has developed into an export region as well. This is caused by China as the greatest steel exporting country. In the EU growing steel imports in times of decreasing steel exports in 2016 led to a negative import-export-balance. No other region has to manage such a deterioration. In contrast China’s import-export-balance decreased by 4 million tons (y-o-y).
EU Steel Import: Intensive Surge
In the past few years EU-imports increased dramatically. In 2016 more than 35 million tonnes of rolled steel have been imported (+9 percent % y-o-y). In particular China’s steel vendors move towards the open market of the EU. Although the imports from China have decreased compared with the year before about 1. 3 million tonnes, they stay in 2016 with just 6 million tonnes farther at a very high level.
EU-28: Steel foreign trade
The 2016 import-export-balance of rolled steel was negative. 35 million tonnes have been imported (+9 percent y-o-y). Exports decreased by 11 percent to 24 million tonnes. Overall, 11 million tonnes less were exported than imported.
EU-28: Steel foreign trade by regions
Germany: Steel foreign trade
Approx. 80 % of steel foreign trade in Germany is transacted within the EU. Overall, the import-export-balance of German rolled steel is nearly balanced. Traditionally the trade with third-countries generates export surpluses.