Here you will find the main data and facts on all aspects of steel and the steel industry at a glance – in the following reports:
- The Economic Position of Steel: crude steel production in Germany; development of monthly crude steel production: Germany, the EU 28 , the world, China
- The Steel Market in Germany: steel production locations; the largest steel producers; steel production by process; production and employment; sales revenues of the steel industry; steel use
- International Steel Markets: the largest steel groups; world crude steel production by region (%); world crude steel production; market supply with finished products
- Raw materials (Germany): raw material use and products; the steel industry’s import dependency; the proportion of scrap in total crude steel production; foreign trade in scrap steel
- Foreign trade: world steel exports; world steel trade; eu steel import; steel foreign trade (EU 28); steel foreign trade by regions (EU 28); Germany: steel foreign trade
We recommend the Statistische Jahrbuch der Stahlindustrie, published by the German Steel Federation, as a detailed reference work for data and facts on the steel industry. It appears in October every year and provides the most important figures on the steel industry for the previous year and the reference years.
Please contact email@example.com if, after publication of the Statistical Yearbook, you require an updating of some statistics for the current year.
The Economic Position of Steel
Crude steel production in Germany
Development of monthly crude steel production in Germany
Compared to the same month the previous year, the crude steel production by the companies in Germany raised by 3 % in August 2017.