11:00 amKreislaufwirtschaft und Recycling ♻ spielen in der Stahlindustrie eine große Rolle. Die EU will einheitliche Regel… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
10:27 am#Energiewende: Energieintensive Industrie braucht verlässliche #Stromversorgung. stahl-online.de/index.php/ener… #Stahl via @DLF
10:26 am.@peteraltmaier zur „Neuen #Seidenstraße“. stahl-online.de/index.php/altm… #Stahl via @BMWi_Bund @boersenzeitung
11:00 amNur wenige Tage vor der #Europawahl 🇪🇺 diskutieren Entscheider aus Politik und Wirtschaft beim Berliner… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
10:30 amHans Jürgen #Kerkhoff im NRW-Wirtschaftsblog. stahl-online.de/index.php/hans… #Stahl via @unternehmer_nrw #Europawahl2019 #StahlfürEuropa
Here you will find the main data and facts on all aspects of steel and the steel industry at a glance – in the following reports:
- The Economic Position of Steel: crude steel production in Germany; development of monthly crude steel production: Germany, the EU 28 , the world, China
- The Steel Market in Germany: steel production locations; the largest steel producers; steel production by process; production and employment; sales revenues of the steel industry
- International Steel Markets: the largest steel groups; world crude steel production by region (%); world crude steel production; market supply with finished products
- Raw materials (Germany): raw material use and products; the steel industry’s import dependency; the proportion of scrap in total crude steel production; foreign trade in scrap steel
- Foreign trade (Germany): foreign trade in steel (D); the market, domestic deliveries and imports of rolled steel (D); exports of rolled steel (D); foreign trade in steel (EU 27)
We recommend the Statistische Jahrbuch der Stahlindustrie, published by the German Steel Federation, as a detailed reference work for data and facts on the steel industry. It appears in October every year and provides the most important figures on the steel industry for the previous year and the reference years.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if, after publication of the Statistical Yearbook, you require an updating of some statistics for the current year.
The steel industry in Germany, 2015
As a raw-material-intensive sector, the steel industry is dependent on a reliable and reasonably priced supply of raw materials. 89,1 million tonnes of raw materials were used for steel production in Germany in 2015. Thus two tonnes of raw materials are required for the production of one tonne of steel.
Import dependency of the steel industry for selected raw materials, 2015
While there is complete dependency on imports for almost all raw materials, Germany is a net exporter (i.e. exports more than it imports) of scrap steel, the second most important input material in quantity terms.
Proportion of scrap in total crude steel production in Germany
The recyclability of steel is the main environmental policy argument for the material. Steel can be re-used again and again with any loss of quality. Almost half of the steel produced in Germany is made by melting scrap.
Foreign trade in scrap steel, Germany
As a result of its unique recycling network Germany is a net exporter of scrap steel. The material flow has increased significantly since 2005. About 4 million tonnes of scrap were withdrawn from the market in 2016.