Here you will find the main data and facts on all aspects of steel and the steel industry at a glance – in the following reports:
- The Economic Position of Steel: crude steel production in Germany; development of monthly crude steel production: Germany, the EU 28 , the world, China
- The Steel Market in Germany: steel production locations; the largest steel producers; steel production by process; production and employment; sales revenues of the steel industry
- International Steel Markets: the largest steel groups; world crude steel production by region (%); world crude steel production; market supply with finished products
- Raw materials (Germany): raw material use and products; the steel industry’s import dependency; the proportion of scrap in total crude steel production; foreign trade in scrap steel
- Foreign trade (Germany): foreign trade in steel (D); the market, domestic deliveries and imports of rolled steel (D); exports of rolled steel (D); foreign trade in steel (EU 27)
We recommend the Statistische Jahrbuch der Stahlindustrie, published by the German Steel Federation, as a detailed reference work for data and facts on the steel industry. It appears in October every year and provides the most important figures on the steel industry for the previous year and the reference years.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if, after publication of the Statistical Yearbook, you require an updating of some statistics for the current year.
Development of Global Steel Exports Steel Mill Products, 2014 – 2018
The global steel exports ended up last year with 343 million tonnes at a stabil level. About 21 percent were exported from China. The exports of the remaining world increased slightly by about 11 million tonnes.
NAFTA, Near East and Africa are the classical import regions of global steel trade. Traditionally the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) is an export region. In the past 10 years Asia has developed into an export region as well. This is caused by China as the greatest steel exporting country.
EU Steel Import: Intensive Surge
EU-28: Steel foreign trade
EU-28: Steel foreign trade by regions
Germany: Steel foreign trade
Approx. 80 % of steel foreign trade in Germany is transacted within the EU. Overall, the import-export-balance of German rolled steel is nearly balanced. Traditionally the trade with third-countries generates export surpluses.